Tuesday, June 30, 2009

June 30, 2009







What a beautiful drive we had today. The Sisters Mountains are three peaks once called Faith, Hope and Charity. Those names didn't last long and they became known as the Sisters. There is North Sister, Middle Sister, and South Sister. The forests are green and lush and the trees are huge. Doesn't look as if the beetle kill that is so devestating in Colorado has reached here, and I sure hope it doesn't. As we were getting ready to get back into the pick-up and head down the road, Ed noticed this Bluebird sitting on a post watching us. I took several pictures of him, but couldn't get the angle I wanted. I was trying to move very little because I didn't want to scare him off. Finally, I decided I was just going to have to tromp through the weeds to get where I needed to be. He didn't seem to mind at all, and was still posing till we left. What a good sport!

1 comment:

  1. you're doing a great job, will be so fun to follow you through the country! brenda

    ReplyDelete